Thursday, January 21, 2010

Update

So I had my last visit with the surgeon on Jan 16. He said I was all fine, scars healing nicely and ready to move on! Whoopie! Of course, that didn't mean I have license to eat, eat and eat...just that there were no more real restrictions, and with some circumspect eating, I should be fine!

I felt like a racehorse let out of the box! Immediately, I wanted to eat everything! Suddenly my appetite is back too. I feel hungry almost all the time! So far I've tried mexican (chicken tortillas, nachos without cheese), chinese (dimsums, soups and chicken in oyster sauce), buttered garlic bread (2 at a time), chicken teriyaki half-sub sandwich, mayo scraped off chicken burger, assorted snacks like khatta meetha, chana dal, small samosas, boiled corn, chocolate, small cup of milk (double toned), standard indian fare - normal tadka dal, aloo-gajar subzi, etc. So far so good! No stomach aches or anything. If I overeat, I feel a bit sick...not achy sick but more gassy/acidity sick (but not enough to warrant an antaacid)..and of course gas remains a problem. Otherwise it seems ok. Makes me feel very optimistic. Maybe its all really going to be fine!

Now I need to keep a control over how much I eat. I tend to feel hungry all the time. So far I had avoided snacking, but off late I think I'm overly snacking. Small meals many times a day has kinda translated to many snacks, and lunch/dinner are not always as small as they used to be (3 rotis instead of 2, 8 dimsums instead of 2 or 4, etc. etc.) I'm giving myself a couple of weeks to get the freedom eating out of my system. I lost a lot a weight last year, so I plan to keep weighing myself to keep a note of my eating. And though I am going a bit easy on myself this week, I think I should get back to slowly introducing restrictions back...on portions and on snacks.

But I really think this may work!

On the gynae front, my lochia stopped a couple of weeks back. I've been on the watchout for it restarting, but so far so good. 6 weeks are over since the surgeries/delivery and I'm in the safe zone. Not sure how my usually irregular periods will work out. Not really looking at conception this year, so I'm more relaxed about that. I guess I'll give it a month or so before going back to the gynae for a general check up and PCO status. Otherwise, I've kind of pushed this part to the back burner for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment