Friday, March 18, 2011

The greatest shock of my life

After all the downs and even more downs of 2009, by end of Jan 2010, I just wanted to put the past behind me and get back a hold on my life. We decided to stop trying and started making plans of what to do next. Hubby quit his job and we started looking at jobs abroad, and experience we had always wanted, but didn't want to act upon given all the medical problems I was going through. However, once we decided to take a break, we were free to look at that option.

February is lovely weather in Delhi, spring flower shows and melas. And we made the most of catching as many of them as we could, almost like a mini vacation.

I had started my cycle, post miscarriage, end of Jan. When I missed the next one, I didn't really bother. After all, I had never been regular anyway, and the thought of me conceiving, without any external help, in just one cycle, after 4 years of failed medical interventions...was laughably remote. Around second week of March, my hubby suggested I should try a home test. Anyway, there were still a couple of kits left over, may as well finish them off. It barely mattered..may as well finish off a kit..or thats what I thought.

To my utter disbelief, the result was positive! No intervention, no medicines, heck barely a couple of instances on our part even! I tried the second kit...same result! Called my gynae...already 8 weeks in, she sent me for an ultrasound....and what do you know...I WAS pregnant!! It was unbelievable!!

Went back home in utter disbelief. Gynae put me on medicines specially progesterone support (ugh injections!..since my parallel blood test report had shown low prog levels) and told me to take it easy and meet her after 13 weeks were up. At 13 weeks, given my cervical history, we had to make a decision on whether to go for cerclage or not.

So till then I just took it easy and lived in utter disbelief.

No comments:

Post a Comment