Monday, December 28, 2009

GB Over and Out

Well its done. On 26th morning I checked into the hospital and got my gall bladder out. It was done laparascopically. The surgeon also checked my ovaries, tubes and uterus, and they all seem fine. I've got 4 small incisions, one near my belly button, two on the left and one above my abdomen in the middle. The surgery was sutureless, so now I'm all glued up!

The first night was a pain. I was sore all over and just getting out of bed was awful. Everytime I moved or bent, something or the other hurt, apart from the constant soreness. The only good thing was that this time, my IV held up and actually didn't hurt much. I had the cutest 2 little teddy bears on my IV (leading me to believe I might have ended up with a pediatric IV!!). In any case, the vein held up, not too much was pumped in and it didn't hurt much. Phew!

I got discharged the next day and came home. Second night too was sore but a bit better. But now my neck and shoulders have started to ache, probably delayed pain from the general anesthesia or referred pain from having the GB out. I'm on a complete Khichdi and mashed potatoes diet. Mom and Dad came over today and brought some raw peas. I'm using them as fill in snacks. I seem to get hungry very often. Last night I got so hungry in the middle of the night, I went and got some Marie biscuits to eat in bed! Still battling soreness and backaches, and pain when I bend or stretch. On the happier side, its over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment