Monday, December 21, 2009

Preparing to lose my GB

All is in preparation to lose my Gall Bladder on Dec 26th. We met up with the surgeon on 19th, tentatively booked the admission. The ECG and X-ray reports are done. I went to the lab today for the blood work. On Wednesday, we're going for the PAC (pre-anaesthetic check). Assuming the PAC is cleared, the surgery is planned for 26th morning. I have to get admitted in the morning itself and hopefully will be out the next morning.

In the meantime, I managed to catch a slight cold/ sinusitis. I just hope it clears up soon and doesn't play havoc with the schedule. The anaesthetic will need a clear airway and that is my top concern. Plus, general anaesthesia always seems to leave me with a cough/cold later! I'm seriously hoping that doesn't happen, because coughing puts pressure on the belly, which might mess up my incisions! Maybe I'm thinking too much. At least, it keeps my mind off IV needles!!!!! I hate IV needles, and they hate me! My right arm is still thrombosed from my last visit 2 weeks back.

This had all better go well. Please God, you owe me some peace of body and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment