Thursday, December 17, 2009

Misery loves miserable company

Today I saw on the news that Katrina Kaif (Bollywood actress) has been diagnosed with Endometeriosis. Sometime back Padma Lakshmi (Top Chef host and international model) also went public with the same. Endo is another leading cause of infertility in women, and painful to boot. And like PCOS, there is no cure, just symptom management. I felt a kinship with these women. Sometimes, it just helps to know you are not alone.

On a side note, I'm now wondering whether when I go for my laparoscopy for gall bladder removal, maybe I should get checked for endo as well. Lap is apparently the best way to diagnose endo. With the disastrous pregnancy I went through, and all its various fall-outs, I think I'm now getting paranoid about everything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment